Just like success, happiness is not the result of only a few significant moments. It grows from consistent actions that build up to become a wave of momentum that propels towards your goals. Happiness is a daily choice we can make, and it all starts with courage. This week, we’ll be sharing about consistent actions we can take to find happiness today.
3 Ways To Find Happiness From Your Daily Actions
What can we do today to be happy? Each of us has daily responsibilities that may not be satisfying to work on. Do we take this as a sad fact of life, resolve to live miserably, and idly spend our days until our next vacation?
The Courage to be Happy: True Contentment Is Within Your Power
In this follow-up to the international phenomenon The Courage to Be Disliked, discover how to reconnect with your true self, experience true happiness, and live the life you want.
- Adlerian psychology is a horizontal relationship-based psychology of democracy. Aim for equal relationships of respect. Do not look down or up at others.
- Community feeling is seeing with the eyes of another, listening with the ears of another and feeling with the heart of another.
Accept Past Trauma
- When you don’t have courage, you focus on only the things one cannot change and lamenting, ‘So, it’s impossible.’
- We either blame ‘that bad person’ or plead ‘poor me’. We tearfully complain about the unhappiness that has befallen them. Or, they speak of their hatred for the other people who torment them and the society that surrounds them. Do not seek temporary solace. Always ask - ‘What should I do from now on?’
- All human beings start off with an almost excessive self-centredness. They would not survive otherwise.
- However, one cannot reign supreme at the center of the world forever. One has to make peace with the world and come to the understanding that one is a part of the world.
- Self-reliance is ‘breaking away from self-centeredness’.
Love Is The Answer
- Love has neither self-interest nor other-interest—it rejects both. It changes the subject of life from me to us. Therefore, it is through loving others that we gain self-reliance.
- Loving someone is not simply an intense emotion. It is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. Without thinking about a future one could never comprehend, or about a destiny that could never exist, one simply engages in a dance of the now with the partner before one.
- Become comrades with that person in front of you. That every day, small accumulation of confidence will someday get rid of even conflict between nations.
- It starts with yourself. Even if there is no one who understands you or supports you, first must carry the torch. It will reach and attract others. To have others believe in you, so you believe in them first.
If you want learn the tools needed to apply Adler’s teachings to the chaos of everyday life, you may enjoy this reading.
How to create recurring tasks in Notion (fun and easy!)
Turn our repetitive chores into fun and engaging quests that you WANT to do. Today, we’ll be teaching you step-by-step how to create recurring tasks in Notion, and integrate seamlessly with any task manager you use.
Supporters who are already subscribed to L-CTRL and Be Intentional will already have this database included in their latest package. But if you’re curious on how it was built, watch this video to learn more!
Building a tutorial island for #theGamificationProject in Notion (Ep. 41)
What class do you best identify with? Are you a warrior, mage, or rogue? This week, we’ll be putting the final touches on the tutorial island for #theGamificationProject where you can select your own avatar, and pick classes that represent you best.
We’ll be officially integrating this tutorial island into our systems next week. Stay tuned!
Let’s Do It Together
Take advantage of voice and streaming channels to chat in real-time with the community to level up together. We have laid-back spaces to have meaningful discussions with fellow family members, co-working channels to get the accountability to be productive, and quiet spaces to work silently in the company of others.
We Have An Opening For Family Without Borders!
Are you a creator that cares about unlocking breakthroughs through meaningful discussions and doing good together? If you live in Singapore, check out the Playground - one of our shared houses around the world designed for our members to live, work, and play together. We have a room currently available - check out the link below for more details.
Eashley warmed our hearts this week when they shared their ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review about our templates. Here’s what they had to say.
I simply love this template. Is a little bit complex, but if you learn how to use it properly it really really helps you to stay on track and maximize your productivity. I recommend this resource to anybody who wants to add fun to their lives while increasing productivity and happiness - and decrease the guilty feeling of wasting your time!
Thanks Easley! It’s been an amazing journey, and we feel blessed every time we read a comment or receive a new email with such kind words – thank you so much for being awesome! If you have words to share - leave a review here!
Let's keep each other accountable on our growth journey. Reply on this email and send your response to this question:
What's one daily action you can start doing today to be happier?